Sunday, August 10, 2008

Olympics-gimme more!


I have spent just about the entire day sitting in front of the TV watching the Olympics.

I LOVE the Olympics.

I recorded 4 hours of opening ceremonies last night (which were unbelievable, weren't they?!) 20 hours of competition today (I can record 2 channels simultaneously) and watched it all.

Okay, so some of it I watched at 4x fast forward. Soccer...fast forward...basketball...fast forward...volleyball...check if USA is playing, if so watch - if not...fast forward.

I watched a couple things that I needed to make my mind up about. Like equestrian something or other. Boring...fast forward. Weightlifting, watched 10 or 15 minutes of that, those girls are insane!

Gymnastics, of COURSE! I don't know how well the men's USA team will do, but a couple of their routines were pretty sweet. Those China gymnasts though, holy cow. They're machines!

Beach volleyball is another favorite. Go Kerri & Misty. Phil, you played pretty crappy today so do better next time. Rogers looks like he might just kill you if you don't.

And of course swimming. I enjoyed watching swimmers before, but having a swimmer of my own has just made me love it more. I appreciate the specifics of the strokes, know each of the events, and just how good these times really are. Michael Phelps is unbelievable and I was absolutely thrilled to see him get the gold in his first race and will cheer him on in every other event he swims in. He absolutely deserves to get the 10 medals he needs to become the most decorated Olympic athlete of all time. I love when they show his mom while he's competing and I hope she gets to continue celebrating because I know how great it is to see your kid accomplish something they've worked hard for.

Well, here's to the next 16 days of not getting much done!

4 comments:

Ty said...

hey dont worry bout michael phelps im going to convert him and marry him!!!!

REMEMBER??? hahaha jk

Ty said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Norm said...

Ty Phelps? Has a nice ring to it.

Ty said...

see im telling you, its MENT to be

bahahhahaha

thats funny